Updating a website is a cumbersome job unless you have a full fledged Internet division. And most small to medium level companies cannot afford one. However we all know that it is essential to update the site regularly to —
* attract repeat human visitors
* appeal to the search engines
Here is an ideal solution for the Small and Medium Businesses:
1. Get a blog setup in a section of your website, say at www.yoursite.com/blog.
2. Post news about all the developments, big or small, in your company and the industry, on the blog. Add some commentary or your views about the external events.
Soon you will find that you are developing a loyal readership and your customers, prospects, investors and shareholders have started to watch your blog for updates.
Are blogs easy to operate?
Yes, it is quite easy to post to a blog. All the related tables of content get updated automatically without you needing to bother about any technical issues.
Benefits of blogging:
* You can disseminate information about your company in a way that is favorable to your company.
* You can collect feedback from the people by looking at their comments on your posts.
* Improve branding by the extra exposure.
There are a few drawbacks too:
* You will have to keep the blog updated. The best solution is to assign the update responsibility to a knowledgeable person at a fairly senior level.
* Your competitors may try to sabotage your blog by posting negative comments. You can filter out the obviously spurious ones and respond to the genuine comments to set the record straight.
If you have got all fired up but not sure who will help you set up and manage the blog, I can help. Read the details about our blog setup service here.