Want to keep your visitors on your blog longer? The more they read, the more they are convinced of your expert status. This will definitely increase the chance that they will buy whatever you are offering. Here’s how to achieve this “stay longer” target:
Use the related posts plugin to show a few related posts just after your blog post. This way when a visitor has finished reading your blog post, she gets to see a quick list of some more posts on similar topics. Hopefully she will find one of these interesting and go ahead and read that. Then she will get another list of related posts and … you get the message.
- It is quite easy to accomplish this on a Semiologic blog.
- Click on Appearance | Widgets.
- Choose “Each entry” in the dropdown in top-right side and click on show.
- Add the Related widget from the list of available widgets (middle column list). The widget will be added to the list of widgets being used in each entry.
- Click on Save changes. The settings are saved and the list shows again.
- Now drag and drop the Entry: Actions widget to the end of the list. This is done to make sure that the related posts do not appear to belong to the next entry.
- Click on Save changes again. You are done.
View the blog to see the effect. Now your visitors will be staying on your blog longer than before.
If you don’t feel confident you can pull it off or are strapped for time, we can apply these SEO changes to your blog for a nominal feel. Contact us!